DON’T MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Entrepreneur Quest provides workshops, tools and mentoring to help undergraduate and graduate students from any degree program make their business ideas a reality. Participants have the opportunity to win up to $30,000 to jump-start their venture.
If you have a business idea you’re passionate about, make sure to submit your EQ application by Oct. 23, 2019. You can apply as an individual or as a team. Program Director Dr. Greg Bier is happy to answer questions and review application drafts (Bierg@missouri.edu or 573-882-9026; 1211 MU Student Center, Columbia, Missouri).
The top 15 applicants will be notified by Nov. 4, 2019. Each will have four minutes to pitch their venture ideas at Mizzou’s EQ Pitch Competition on Nov. 18, 2019. The top 10 semifinalists will then participate in an eight-week education program and advance to another pitch competition in March 2020. The top three finalists from that competition will split $30,000 in awards and compete for an additional $30,000 at the University of Missouri System Pitch Competition in April (check back here for spring semester dates).
Application Deadline: October 23, 2019
The EQ application is on Missouri.StartupTree.co, the university’s new online community for students interested in entrepreneurship. Just log in with your MU credentials and create an account.
Primary Application Questions (1,000 characters max for each)
1. What problem are you solving? (Describe unmet need.)
2. What is your product/service/experience? (What does your product do for customers? Value proposition? Proprietary solution? Differentiation?)
3. Who are your customers and how do you reach them? (Who will buy it? Who will use it? Tell us your marketing and sales strategy.)
4. Who are your competitors and how are you better than them? (Please note existing products or alternative solutions. Why are you better?)
5. Why you? What can you tell us to demonstrate your team’s commitment to being successful? (How does your experience and knowledge, skills and abilities support your idea?)
6. Revenue model? (How does your venture make money?)
Dr. Greg Bier, EQ Director
1211 MU Student Center, Columbia, Missouri 65211